That girl in black.... and other fashion colors

You've heard about her. Most likely you've even seen her. I hear she gets around.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The Force is strong with this one

In less than 24 hours folks, I will be in geek nirvana. The air is almost Palpatine, I mean palatable.

But why am I really that excited? That is not easily answered with one response. Star Wars was one of the first movies I remember my dad taking us kids to the theatre to see. It was definitely the most memorable, since the others I remember were either Benji or Herbie movies. I wonder what ever did happen to that dog?

Then The Empire Strikes Back comes out when I'm a hormonal adolescent. What young girl wouldn't be swayed by the love story of Han Solo and Princess Leia? And Leia rescuing her man in Return of the Jedi? That is some devotion right there, folks. Yeah, yeah, there was a more predominant story line of Vader seducing Luke to the Dark Side, and Vader's redemption from sacrifice to save Luke in the end... but we all know the *real* reason ya'll were there. ;)

My co-workers have been having much fun at my expense. Today I was asked if I'll be going to the movie in "costume". Little do they realize the correct term is actually "garb". It's not a costume, people! It is part of everyday living (at least in the fantasical world of the geek mind). Dare shall we even say "uniform", as in required dress?

But my family can rest assured, I will not be dressing in any unusual fashion. That's the nice thing about black. It transcends time and trend!

4 Comments:

At 10:45 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll have to talk Evan into leaving his lightsabre at home when he sees the movie!

 
At 6:02 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trav and I may go see it on Saturday morning.

 
At 5:53 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hour is upon you my sister. Go, be geeklike with your friends.

 
At 10:46 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The movie is over and Lyndy has left the theater. Now waiting on your review!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home