That girl in black.... and other fashion colors

You've heard about her. Most likely you've even seen her. I hear she gets around.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Did you miss me?

Sorry it's taken so long for me to get back here. Everything is fine, just too much of too much. I pulled some long days to get back on track. Now there only half a dozen fires burning, instead of a baker's dozen.

Work has settled down (again) to an uneasy truce of egos. Just yesterday, I had to shake my head (again) in disbelief about work ethic ineptitude. We encountered a speedbump, or possibly a detour on an appeal in process. CW told my state supervisor that I could just call over to the appeal office and request more time for investigation. Well, I could have, but officially, I needed to send a formal continuance request. So I did. When I showed that to the state supervisor, she asked "did you ask (CW) if you could do that?" I told her "no, but I can tell I did. I sent the paperwork, since we have to have an official paper trail to protect ourselves." Then the light went on, duh! But had I not explained WHY we have to do it the RIGHT way, I would have had my butt chewed for not doing exactly what I was told. The wrong way. Oi!

This above and beyond the fight I've been having with system designers for *five weeks* about an edit they inactivated in error. They activated the edit BEFORE they gave another department the data necessary to edit against. wtf??? Who in their right mind could NOT have asked themselves "have we made available the data that this will be editing against"? If no -- stop until that process is done. Duh! But oh no, they go ahead and turn the edit on, and then act frustrated when I storm in and tell them it needs to be turned off. Which I wouldn't be half as frustrated with them if they hadn't.stopped.all.of.the.work.we.can.do. (in this one area. It's just patient access, yanno. Nothing too important -- NOT). Good Lord, people!

The weekend holds E's last soccer game today, 2:00 p.m. Hopefully we'll be able pay a visit to the in-laws soon. We really are NOT ignoring you!

Today is my poppi's birthday. Happy Birthday, AW!! Your favorite grandson has made a card for you.

And..... Star Wars III tickets go on pre-sale soon! Yaaahhhoooooo! I heard there will be a 9:00 a.m. show. That totally rocks! So now I can drop Monster Boy off at school, and go straight to the theatre. Dontcha wish you took the day off, like me? :P

I can't wait! Ooh, but I think I might have a date this weekend! During a commercial for "Kingdom of Heaven", I pointed out to D that it was a movie I "wanted to see as well". So there are shots of people running towards the camera with explosions behind them.... it has Orlando Bloom in tights, woot!

1 Comments:

At 12:54 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Running towards the camera with explosiona behind them- my favorite scene in any movie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home