That girl in black.... and other fashion colors

You've heard about her. Most likely you've even seen her. I hear she gets around.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Stop the insanity!

**********Disclaimer: Grumpy mood ahead. The girl is usually pretty light-hearted. But now she's just tired.**********

Good Lord, save me from idiocy. It astounds and amazes me, how some people can not only gain employment, but manage to not get fired. For. years. Too. many. years.

I thought, that when I took a job protecting public health integrity, that everyone else would be on a similiar goal. Yeah, yeah, call me naive. It's not my own company that I worry about. We are business people that are all about meeting a deadline in the smartest manner possible.

It's the fools that hire us to carry out "their" mission that scare me. Somewhere along the line, they have forgotten "their" mission is to protect those that cannot fend for themselves. Yeah, yeah, I know that most of those folks can fend for themselves fine. But I digress.

So when you are told (by a higher goverment agency than yourself) that you must hire an impartial and separate entity to administer your public health contract, would you NOT want to allow that entity to, oh, I don't know..... administer?!?!? *Especially* when you're administering money that doesn't even belong to you! It's not like we can do anything with the public funds. We're just here to ensure program integrity, and make sure everyone stays within their own fence. The rules we follow aren't even OUR rules. They're the feds... who by the way carry most of the tab for running the public health program. Twerk the feds off, and you'll see bad press like the state has never seen before. The state can't find 250K to bus kids to school. Where do they think they're going to find over 1B? Criminy.

I understand fine that you must oversee your entity to make sure they are doing competent work. But that isn't the issue of my rant. I have a crazy woman (CW) basically just trying to pick a fight with me on personality, since she can't fault my work. She can't fault my work since I'm doing MY job, and not spoon-feeding her by doing HERS. And she doesn't like my personality as much as the last person doing my job, since I talk back to her. All I do is what is necessary for the job to get done well, and look professional. Extra fluff and hand-holding are not part of that process. I didn't get to be the Goddess' pit bull because of my easy-going disposition, yanno. Oi.

Not that I really know what CW does anyway, other than complain. It has been my experience that the more a person complains, the less of a work ethic they have. I don't know about you, but I'm too dang busy to complain, especially when it will waste time I don't have. I'd rather get my work done in a day, go home with a clean conscience, and come back to save the world tomorrow. No, I have not read too many comic books! :P
PS: I can't wait to see "Sin City". Michelle said Trav gave it the purist's approval, so I have to go see it (hint to the boyfriend)!

So I will go practice my mantra, or tao, or whatever will make me forget CW (Jose Cuervo, he is a friend of mine. But he never calls me the next morning!). Given the fact that CW cannot retain very much of what she tells you, odds are she'll forget completely what she was gunning to get me for today. Too bad my son is past his preschool days. I could open up a daycare with all the babysitting experience I've gained.

This should be fun for a diversion. I Google'd "stress relief", and found a couple of play websites:

www.addictinggames.com
www.123games.dk

It seems like I got an email one time about a game where you click on frogs and they jump and spaz about. If you have it, send it on. Or the hip-hop easter bunny greeting. That was funny, I don't care who ya are.

Hopefully I'll be less grumpy tomorrow. It's one day closer to payday, so it's got to be better!

1 Comments:

At 8:43 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Movie hint received. I'd better scan the paper :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home