That girl in black.... and other fashion colors

You've heard about her. Most likely you've even seen her. I hear she gets around.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Five, NOT Four, Days Later

... details at eleven.

The time with the family? VERY fun. We had an easy time going out, with no problems.

Our return travel, however? It overshadowed the entire effort.

Here's the breakdown [in a manner so Degolar won't feel too old ;P ]

One, one missed flight, due to
Two, two screwed up codesharing airlines (and oh yeah, a stupid third party vendor...regardless of how cute their gnome promo)
Three, three NFL stadiums
Four, four bags presumed lost forever (thankfully not!)
Five, five towns without any overnight hotel rooms available
Six, six states
Seven(teen), seven(teen) hours of driving
Eight, eight.... I want to forget all the junk food we ate on the way back
Nine, nine for (almost) lost hope
10, 1085 miles... and everything, everything, everything we went through....

US Airways can kiss off into the air
Behind my back I can see them stare
They'll hurt me bad but I won't mind
They'll hurt me bad, they do it all the time
[yeah yeah]
Yeah, they do it all the time
[yeah yeah]
They do it all the time
[do it all the time]
They do it all the time
[do it all the time]
They do it all the time
Do it all the time!


After I get some damn sleep, they are going to hear about it. I have never seen an airline be so UNhelpful, and rude. Especially in their flagship hub airport.

We are just exceedingly grateful to be home. North Carolina is beautiful. We really enjoyed seeing the family. Amy and Scott's girls are beyond precious. I would have packed them up and snuck them home if I could. It was great to meet Terry and her awesome girls. Monster boy thinks cousin Courtney is pretty cool!

Almost 200 pictures. With memorabilia, it will make a full book.

Only after sleep.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:53 PM PDT, Blogger Degolar said...

Thanks for the song. Sounds like an awful experience, though. Hope you are recovering.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home