That girl in black.... and other fashion colors

You've heard about her. Most likely you've even seen her. I hear she gets around.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Meh

Pirates movie was... okay. Keira Knightley would have looked better if she wore a wig instead of hair extensions. Oh yeah, and also if she weren't as flat as a cabin boy. But Bill Nighy and Stellan Skarsgaard? LOVE them. The special effects were worth the price of admission. Though just a matinee, not full price.

PS: Orlando Bloom is INFINITELY hotter as a brunette. Whoa, mama! I'm also going to enjoy disliking Jack Davenport's navy officer character. Handsome villians make it all the easier.

PPS: I don't know, Gobula... that Kevin Costner water movie didn't look THAT bad. At least he's not writing this one. He's just a hired gun in this one. Okay, so Ashton doesn't make a terribly convincing badass. But at least I can make fun of his bad haircut.

5 Comments:

At 6:23 AM PDT, Blogger sarahkate said...

There is nothing in life so satisfying as making fun of clebrity hair. Seriously.

 
At 8:04 AM PDT, Blogger The Girl in Black said...

It's true! Especially since they have the money and resources to always look good!

 
At 7:47 PM PDT, Blogger Xenti said...

As entertaining as I thought Pirates was, it was nowhere near as good as the first one. Some of the sequences (particularly the shish kebab and waterwheel scenes) seemed ridiculously over the top.

And I'd argue that the special effects for the Kevin Costner water movie look like some of the worst ever produced in the CGI era.

 
At 5:37 AM PDT, Blogger Degolar said...

Just saw the movie last night and was pleased to find I enjoyed it quite a bit. Maybe seeing a number of critics give it bad reviews lowered my expectations, but I had fun and that's I all wanted from it. And Keira is hot. She may have "mosquito bites" on her chest and "the body of a ten-year-old boy" (to borrow descriptors from Domino), but it works for me (granted, I tend to be most attracted to athletic types with less boobage in the way). Although I found it distracting that her character seemed to keep finding make-up on all those pirate ships and the time to apply it.

 
At 8:54 AM PDT, Blogger The Girl in Black said...

xenti said:
And I'd argue that the special effects for the Kevin Costner water movie look like some of the worst ever produced in the CGI era.

Now, that may be very true. I was just pleased Costner wasn't trying to take himself *too* seriously. That and the fact I have a terrible weakness for tortured earth sign boys. I'm still a little hurt about paying full price to sit through JFK. Yes, I realize he didn't have too much control over his character for JFK. But he still was historically inaccurate.

degolar said:
And Keira is hot. She may have "mosquito bites" on her chest and "the body of a ten-year-old boy" (to borrow descriptors from Domino), but it works for me (granted, I tend to be most attracted to athletic types with less boobage in the way). Although I found it distracting that her character seemed to keep finding make-up on all those pirate ships and the time to apply it.

Umm... maybe Keira kept her makeup on to make sure she wasn't mistaken for one of the boys?

I like her well enough. But it just seems she acts more like Domino, than an English noble. In my brain, I just felt my baby Orlando deserved better.

I'm not sure what to say about your preference for less boobage. I've always had to worry about them in the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home