That girl in black.... and other fashion colors

You've heard about her. Most likely you've even seen her. I hear she gets around.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Uh ?!?

I'm confused. Maybe this thing has been there for awhile. But I just noticed it today.

What is the deal with the handicapped icon? It is next to the word verification box (when adding a user comment).

If you sit your cursor over it, it says "listen and type the numbers you hear". Hmm.

But you have to navigate your computer/keyboard/web browser to get to the blog site... Then read the blog entry... Then open the comments page... use your keyboard to input your comments... to THEN get to the word verification box. ??

I'm just so confused. Not that it usually takes much effort. But that option just seems so unnecessary.

As a parent, though, I guess I should be relieved. When I tell my son "stop doing that, or you'll go blind!"... I can tell him I mean using the computer. And not all the other freaky stuff he can find on the internet.

3 Comments:

At 11:51 AM PDT, Blogger Degolar said...

Kind of like the braille on the drive-through ATM . . .

 
At 6:51 PM PDT, Blogger Missy said...

I thought I was the only one who had not noticed that before. Must be new.

 
At 10:14 AM PDT, Blogger Ted Carter said...

Yeah, I just noticed that the other day, as well, but had not clicked on it yet.

Having been involved in various web site design projects, I know that ADA compliance is something that the Internet community is pretty confused over. Most just do enough to show that they've made an effort rather than really working to make sure people with special needs will be able to use the sites.

It's all about CYA, isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home