That girl in black.... and other fashion colors

You've heard about her. Most likely you've even seen her. I hear she gets around.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

When you're making other plans, life gets in the way

So, we didn't get around to watching "Wayne's World" the other night. The Batman and Justice League Unlimited was on, yanno. I can't do much to keep my child from watching too many cartoons, when they are cartoons I enjoy watching as well.

Be nice to the geeks, we're taking over the world. Even though it may look like there are more "cartoons" on TV, not all of them are for kids. Grown-up geek kids like me that love animation are stoked we have more of our age demographic out in the work place, making a respectable income by drawing. The storylines are the same as you'll find in a movie of the week or news current events. It just happens to be told by storyboard pictures. I really don't see anything wrong with that!

E was disappointed I had to draw the line at bad anime, however. Japan has to be laughing their arses off at us. There is a ton of anime on Cartoon Network, which I don't get. The dialog is DUMB! I realize there may be a language barrier. But brother, please don't tell me that Americans really tolerate this level of insipid "entertainment". If so, I fear for humanity. Akira, or Gundam stuff, that's ok. But whatever this Hi-Hi-Puffy-Yamiyugi stuff is, oi! Anything that sounds too retarded to say out loud should not be viewed.

/rant off

Sorry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home