That girl in black.... and other fashion colors

You've heard about her. Most likely you've even seen her. I hear she gets around.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

"That boy is our last hope"

I know, I know, there is another. But my son made me very proud and hopeful for his future. Even if he doesn't get excited about Star Wars in the same way I do. Some days I feel he's only excited about it because he sees his mom geek out about it. The generational difference between the movies will probably lead to heated debates at family dinners in the next decade.

But back to the story at hand. While moving, D found a Calvin and Hobbes storybook. E loves it. As well he should! It also makes me happy that he's actually reading, ha! Anyway, E's latest school book order has a Calvin and Hobbes collection of several books. Seven for $35.00, ouch! But what price do we put on our child's happiness? Yes, I'm a pushover. I rationalize that the purchase price will be deferred to all three happy members in the house, thereby making the books very reasonable! ;-) Momma said never to pass by a bargain. It also goes (almost) without saying that I'm very good at rationalizing most anything to get what I want. :-P

4 Comments:

At 11:18 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have to tell you how EASY you are, do I??? ;P~

 
At 1:55 PM PDT, Blogger The Girl in Black said...

But "pushover" sounds much more respectable!

 
At 7:34 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool, I want to read them too!

 
At 11:10 AM PDT, Blogger The Girl in Black said...

We'll have to start a library checkout list in our own home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home