That girl in black.... and other fashion colors

You've heard about her. Most likely you've even seen her. I hear she gets around.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Decision Time

It would appear the time has come to fulfill an ultimatium laid out several years ago...

I told my new brother-in-law that I would have to hunt him down and harm him should he ever hurt my sister. Tonight I received a call they were splitting, straight to divorce, no trial separation.

While I usually try to use my powers only for good, the thought of deliberately jeapordizing my karma is a bit daunting. Then there's the whole downside of legal reprecussions.

So what's the lesson here, kiddies? At least for me... don't make vows while you're 28 and hormonally hopped up (since I was pregnant at the time) that your 36 year old butt doesn't want to fulfill. Even if it was made in jest. The family girl in me is spoiling for a fight. The sympathetic sister in me knows it's rarely that simple.

The good news is her own son is 21, and they didn't have any kids together. I am grateful she won't have to suffer the aggravation of joint custody. Still doesn't keep me from being sad for her. Also brings back a lot of feelings I've worked hard to move beyond.

It's weird to be the one watching this time around. Also annoying that I don't know what to do to help. Other than wait. Since I'm SO good with the patience, ya know.

No comments from Igor!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:06 AM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

I say nothin'!

 
At 8:14 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home