That girl in black.... and other fashion colors

You've heard about her. Most likely you've even seen her. I hear she gets around.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Shouldn't There Be a Grace Period?

Ok, I REALIZE my last post was "this month is going to suck". But jesus, could it NOT have waited until tomorrow to start? I'm only a 44% cynical person according to this quiz. After tonight, however, I may have to reevaluate my perspective.

1. I used b/f's check card at the store tonight, before asking him (So already feeling guilty**).

2. My truck won't start after coming out of the store. Beyond the fact we already had to make a dash in the rain to get IN the store! Turn it over, no lights, no power, nothing. ACK! I went through this last summer! New battery cables, new battery... after about the fourth time into the shop, some nimrod finally figures out some wiring was fried! Thanks so much, John Hoffer!

3. Cut to busting off a call on the cell for rescue. My cell screen is almost black! What the fuq has happened to my phone? Missy, has this happened to you? This pisses me off to no end!

All in all, we got home fine, and I know D won't care about using his card. But problems with my new phone have me twerked. I just got the stupid thing! I can't even see the display enough to tell if I'm dialing a number correctly. And of course it failed AFTER the cell store closed. With tomorrow being a holiday, I would not imagine they will be open, either.

Jesus, I need a drink.

PS: This last tidbit did restore a bit of my humour for the night. I haven't decided if I'll watch it or not. Talent shows are painful enough to sit through. But the thought, of what kind of music they'll put out once a decision is made? That is almost scary.


**Not too much, really. It was under $30 of groceries. I didn't take his card without his knowing. It just happened to still be in my purse. Not that it is ALL the time... that's just how the weekend ended.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 8:23 AM PDT, Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Don't worry, it will all turn around.

 
At 12:52 PM PDT, Blogger The Girl in Black said...

Thank you! It has been a time for patience. Today, on the holiday, a few new developments have occurred:

Central air stopped working. Most likely mechanical failure. It's a holiday, so no one out to visit until tomorrow.

Water leak in the basement. It rained very hard last night. Must have, since I slept right through it! But now we have a soggy corner of the finished basement.

My truck is still being a diva. Changed out the battery (less than a year old), but it is still sluggish to turn over. I'm guessing that the starter I replaced last October has failed.

But we have our health, and will have a good meal with family later. Afterwards, I'll just go to bed, and hope tomorrow brings more progress.

Thanks for commenting! : )

 
At 5:28 PM PDT, Blogger Degolar said...

And hope you are able to weather it until it does turn around. Doesn't sound any fun.

 
At 4:47 PM PDT, Blogger Missy said...

Well, I had some cell phone charging issues for a couple of days that seemed to resolve on their own, but no black screen ordeal. Hope things get better!

 
At 4:47 PM PDT, Blogger Missy said...

Well, I had some cell phone charging issues for a couple of days that seemed to resolve on their own, but no black screen ordeal. Hope things get better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home