That girl in black.... and other fashion colors

You've heard about her. Most likely you've even seen her. I hear she gets around.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Yikes

Okay, yeah, so I watched "Today" this morning. And cried a little while they were showing the Katie Couric sendoff montage.

But what really struck me?

I am now the same age as Princess Diana, when she died.

That just blew me away. Monster Boy is probably the age of her oldest boy was, too. I can't imagine not being able to see him again. Much less him growing up without me.

Adrian at work laughed when I admitted I'm more fearful of things now than when I was young. There are certain things I won't do, not because I don't want to... but because I refuse to run the risk of injury. Like bungee-jumping, parachuting/gliding. And rollercoasters, if I can at all help it (sorry, honey!).

It is not a fear for my self, necessarily... but more the fear of being incapacitated and unable to advocate for my son. And my family in general. Aye, call me a scaredycat.

I'll just wait here on the ground, and cheer y'all on while you get your adrenaline rush on. And don't wake me up in the night when you have bad dreams. Ha!

2 Comments:

At 12:37 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

see ... with age does come wisdom! :)

 
At 4:11 PM PDT, Blogger Missy said...

Thank God it just isn't me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home