That girl in black.... and other fashion colors

You've heard about her. Most likely you've even seen her. I hear she gets around.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Denial

I am trying to convince myself I'm not a bad friend. And that I'm not old.

But after a long week of aggravating people and general lack of enthusiasm, I am glad to be home. The boots even came off upon breaching the door. After braving Wal-Mart, on a Friday in the middle of the holiday season.

I know what it is. Ten, or even five years ago, the thought of being home on Friday night... when I KNOW there is a function going on, would have depressed me. Too many people to see, temptation to court. It wouldn't matter if I was tired or had a headache the size of Cinncinati.

But knowing what I know now... about how not fun it is to drive home pleasantly buzzed (read: tired), and the security I have at home... it makes venturing out less appealing.

Maybe I'll feel different after changing clothes and if CSI is a rerun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home