That girl in black.... and other fashion colors

You've heard about her. Most likely you've even seen her. I hear she gets around.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

New word for the day: himbo

Yeah... so I might not be too hip on the lingo. I saw this online today and giggled:

http://music.msn.com/artist/?artist=16390965

But I'll still probably listen to the album.

Oh.. and this book rocks:

Adrian at work was a doll and let me borrow Gaiman and Prachett's 'Good Omens'



It drives me batty when they release multiple covers with identical content!

I'm also gearing up for a busy weekend. Meriden crop Friday night, Boaz and Wyatt birthday party for monster on Saturday, then Mother's Day and family dinner with birthday desserts Sunday night at the Holts.

Lord, I know I've previously asked for patience. But I will have a teenager come Monday. So I might need a little more help. I'd like him to come through this period without thinking his mother is a screeching neurotic harpy. Plenty of time for him to see that later on in life!

4 Comments:

At 10:31 AM PDT, Blogger Ted Carter said...

1602 - I didn't expect to like it, but I really did.

The sequel wasn't half bad, either.

 
At 11:07 AM PDT, Blogger The Girl in Black said...

Sequel? *perk*

I'm so out of the loop. Tell me, tell me!

I'm stoked... a girl here at work is bringing me Kingdom Come from her geeky husband. I loaned her/him 1602.

Also checked out Batman: the Long Halloween. Haven't been able to start yet. : (

 
At 3:22 PM PDT, Blogger Degolar said...

I haven't heard about the 1602 sequel either, but I definitely enjoyed the original. Do you know what the newer one is called?

And I'm assuming you've read Gaiman's Sandman? Not a graphic novel, but I also especially liked American Gods. And if you haven't read his kids books, they are a must. Coraline is being made into a movie and I love love love Wolves in the Walls.

(Despite my word verification, I am not a kednpar)

 
At 2:51 PM PDT, Blogger Ted Carter said...

Sequel - See here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0785114947/qid=1147470500/sr=2-2/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_2/104-9155963-2133526?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

 

Post a Comment

<< Home