That girl in black.... and other fashion colors

You've heard about her. Most likely you've even seen her. I hear she gets around.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

For Camille


I have lost my best friend. She was a woman bigger, stronger, and wiser than her body would allow. If it were not for her, I would not have risen above complaisance and achieved a fulfilling life.

Although I know she lived a lifetime longer than expected, it does little to diminsh my pain. For the entire time I knew her, she was helping others. Only within these last years was she being rewarded for all of her struggle. I still don't understand or appreciate the inequity of it all.

I am lucky, in that I have a wonderful boyfriend, son, and family still here to help me. Their support has been wonderful, and I am happy to be so loved. But for now, my heart breaks. I hope I can be half as awesome of a role model. Kick ass, babe. I will miss you.

3 Comments:

At 12:46 AM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

Like I said ... youve got some big shoes to fill as you ascend form acolyte to goddess. Say goodbye to her for me.

 
At 6:05 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Lyndy, sweetie! I'm so sorry! Send me her parents' and her boyfriend's address(es) so I can send a card to tell them how wonderful she was and how glad I was to have met her!

 
At 11:49 AM PST, Blogger Ted Carter said...

Sorry for you loss, GiB.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home