That girl in black.... and other fashion colors

You've heard about her. Most likely you've even seen her. I hear she gets around.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

The other side of the fence uses Miracle Grow

I love my boyfriend. A lot. And my son means more to me than life itself. I'm very lucky to have such a wonderful child.

But there are times, times I wish I led a more independent life. Times that would seemingly be easier or happier if I were single. It has been like that lately. Through no fault of my family.

There has been a round robin of temptation, fate, and destiny come to court lately. It's pretty humbling to find out a 90-year old Jewish widow led a more exciting life.

And while I'm looking forward to catching up with friends and pictures this weekend, the major party this weekend is going to be Hope's birthday party. Rocky Horror Picture Show theme. Some have had their outfits planned for weeks!

So in no particular order, here's the short list of things that I will make up for the Cosmopolitan Lyndy to do in her independent life:

Go to the gym every evening after work -- Other than going to the spa, I can think of nothing else that is more decadent ME time. It also helps if I have a hot trainer, ha!

Live in a downtown loft -- Preferably with long windows to let in lots of sun, and look out onto the city. Given that I live in Topeka, this not much of a reality.

Jet off for weekend holiday -- It sounds pretty exotic to take off with a girlfriend or two, go play in some major metropolis, squired around by one of our conquests.

Use the work week to plan for the weekend -- Impractical, but appealing. It would be a nice change of pace to cross the stylist, clothier, and (whatever the word is for the shoe store) off my "to do" list rather than actual job deadlines.

And all this while, I well realize that my single friends wish my life for them. So it goes. Thankfully I have an active imagination. So my cosmopolitan counterpart will always live a more exciting fantasy than my rewarding reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home