That girl in black.... and other fashion colors

You've heard about her. Most likely you've even seen her. I hear she gets around.

Monday, June 06, 2005

It has to be me

I must be in another dimension. Because apparently what I think is aggravating as hell, no one else apparently notices. I can't even blame my intolerance on hormones. This isn't a PMS week (I checked)!

There are things going on around me (at work) that make me wonder how some people can manage to walk and breathe at the same time. Good Lord, people!

I will be the first to admit that system logic and computer programming do not interest me in the least. I find it tedious, even more so when I have to teach it to someone. But there are people that get paid, a lot more than me, to create and ensure that this stuff works. Yet it doesn't. And when I go in and find that the data (that is supposed to be IN the system to make logic work) ISN'T THERE! Oi.

So you can probably tell where I'm going with this. I go to the department to ask "why is there no data for this logic to work?" First, after not finding anyone *competent* to answer my question, I'm told "we haven't verified [that] yet". My head is about to asplode. Of course... we're already live with all the "editing" that this system logic is supposed to be catching. Am I just retarded for thinking that all the data necessary would be in place before they turn things on? It's not like no one has offered to verify the stupid stuff. We've certainly had enough time to dread the activation date. At this point, I'm going to probably end up entering each record by hand. Hell, at least then I'll know it's in there! Still no guarantees that the edit logic works, though. I really don't understand why this is so difficult.

Tomorrow I get the lovely task of trying to run queries to find out whether editing is working properly or not. At least, that's on my list of tasks to do.... Taking into account that I already have engagements for most of the afternoon, have several documentation files to catch up, have a new crop 150+ documentation files to input, filing, and have what seems like a bazillion claims to review. Not so much, yanno.

D reminds me that deadlines are not my sole responsibility. So what am I supposed to do? Have faith and rely upon others to make sure they do their job? Yeah, right. Things are supposed to get better in a few weeks, since new staff will be starting. But realistically, I know there will be a delay in getting new staff caught up to speed. Yet, even then, they won't be able to address the more aggravating system issues. This what I get for being an Aquarian. If there is an injustice or imbalance to be corrected, I'm the pitbull to sic on it. Either that, or I have some undiagnosed predisposition.

I thought I was being a good girl to stop smoking. So far, it's not been too difficult to do so. But I think I need a drink.

The only other explanation I have is that menopause is starting early (but most likely not). God save them all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home