That girl in black.... and other fashion colors

You've heard about her. Most likely you've even seen her. I hear she gets around.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

I still haven't found what I'm looking for

I suppose there comes a time for everyone when they stop and look around at their life and say "so what am I going to do with this?" Work has been like that.

More indecision and annoyance from our client. New legal deadlines, which decisively squelch any anticipation I had of going to the scrap book mecca. More excitement to come in the next few days, as we let loose 1500 patients into an already saturated health care market. Wasted days in conferences and meetings. All the while covering another desk. Who's caseload has increased by 150+ over the last month. That's always exciting, eh? Then someone has the audacity today to ask me why I didn't attend an optional class. Despite the fact that I was the point person during my boss's leave day. Yeah, right. It was one of those moments you wish you had god-like powers. "I smite thee!"

The fool that came up with "the customer is always right" must have been dealing with a smarter customer. Ours certainly seem to not understand how infuriating their lack of foresight and a backbone is. We work and work and work to make sure a plan will execute with as few flaws as possible. Then as soon as it's implemented, and ONE secondary client complains (due to a process error on their end), then we all have to converge again, to undo and reroute what we've spent over a year plotting.

It's ironic, in a way, about all the timing. This time last year, I remember telling D "let me work until the minute we leave for vacation, then you can have my undivided attention." By the time we leave for Des Moines next week, I'll be telling him the same thing. I'm hoping I won't even have to work until the minute we leave, as it won't be right at the end or beginning of the month. And today I even saw the smallest glimmer of light light at the end of the tunnel. I'm hoping that only a couple to three extra days added on my work schedule will make me Mastercard ("everywhere you want to be").

And if not, screw it. It will still be there when I go back tomorrow. Unless I win the lottery. Then they better hope I leave them notes for all the files on my desk. :-P

2 Comments:

At 11:08 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Bubeleh, have I taught you nothing, ya shiksa :)

Oi -- Australian exclamation.
Oy -- Exclamation from the Lost Tribe :)

Sincerely,
Jackie Mason

 
At 1:07 PM PDT, Blogger The Girl in Black said...

Dear Jackie;

Aren't you dead? I figured my karma is coming to collect... now I'm being taunted from beyond the grave!

xoxoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home