That girl in black.... and other fashion colors

You've heard about her. Most likely you've even seen her. I hear she gets around.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Your Wednesday Moment of Zen

Listening to Jim Steinman songs is always interesting.

The spoken word "Wasted Youth" from Bat II:

Wasted Youth
I remember everything!
I remember everything little thing,
as if it happened yesterday
I was barely seventeen,
and I once killed a boy with a Fender guitar

I don't remember if it was a Telecaster or a Stratocaster
But I do remember that it had a heart of chrome,
and a voice like a horny angel

I don't remember if it was a Telecaster or a Stratocaster
But I do remember that it wasn't at all easy
It required the perfect combination of the right power chords
And the precise angle from which to strike!

The guitar bled for about a week afterwards
And the blood was true, dark and rich... like wild berries
The blood of the guitar was Chuck Berry red
The guitar bled for about a week afterwards
But it rung out beautifully
And I was able to play notes that I had never even heard before

So I took my guitar
And I smashed it aganist the wall
I smashed it against the floor
I smashed it against the body of a varsity cheerleader

Smashed it against the hood of a car
Smashed it against a 1981 Harley-Davidson
The Harley howled in pain
The guitar howled in heat

And I ran up the stairs to my parents bedroom
Mommy and Daddy were sleeping in the moonlight
Slowly I opened the door
Creeping in the shadows right up to the foot of their bed
I raised the guitar high above my head
And just as I was about to bring the guitar crashing down upon the center of the bed
My father woke up, screaming "STOP!"

"Wait a minute. Stop it boy. What do you think your doing?"
"That's no way to treat an expensive musical instrument"
And I said, "God-Damn-It, daddy,"
"You know I love you, But you've got a hell of a lot to learn about Rock n' Roll"
.
.
.
.
.
To which my ipod then switched to the crunchy power chord opening of A Perfect Circle's "Weak and Powerless". That was a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home