That girl in black.... and other fashion colors

You've heard about her. Most likely you've even seen her. I hear she gets around.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Guess What?

We're getting married!

Sometime.

Not sure when.

But we'll let you know!

I'm just giggly that I get to design my engagement ring! We're headed to Vulcan's Forge/Aquarius this weekend to talk options with their jewelers.

I was already thinking of some type of amethyst, citrine, and garnet combo. After reading this, now I realize why:

Amethyst:
I am Amethyst, handmaiden to the goddess Diana. Many centuries ago, I was caught in a bitter quarrel between the gods. Protecting me from the wrath of Bacchus, my goddess transformed me into a transparent crystal. When the quarrel had ceased, Bacchus, filled with remorse, poured a gentle libation of wine over me, covering my body with an elegant violent gown. Wear me as an amulet, I will protect you from intoxication and evil spells. My presence will calm your spirit and give you focus.

Qualities: Amethyst, due to its beauty, affordability and durability, is the most popular variety of the mineral quartz. Most gemstones, including diamond, need enhancement through cutting or treatment to be enjoyed in a piece of jewelry. Occasionally, Amethyst is heated to permanently purify its purple hue.

Care: Cherished for its beauty, affordability and durability, Amethyst is an excellent choice for everyday wear, yet remove it before activities which may cause scratches. With proper care, your Amethyst jewelry can be passed through generations.

Why Amethyst? While today we are not limited to tradition, the symbolism of Amethyst is treasured as the birthstone for February and the traditional gift for couples celebrating their sixth anniversary. The color of Amethyst has long been associated with passion and hope.

Citrine:
I am Citrine, daughter of Amethyst. Deep in the heart of a primordial jungle, as my mother cradled me in her arms, the sun's brilliant rays kissed my face and bestowed on me an aura of golden radiance. Gaze upon my sunny glow and I will banish thoughts of evil from your mind. Wear me as a talisman and I will protect you from the venomous bite of the serpent. At all times, my energy will focus your mind, emotions and intuition into singular harmony.

Qualities: Like Amethyst, Citrine is a variety of the mineral quartz. Most gemstones, including diamond, need enhancement through cutting or treatment to be enjoyed in a piece of jewelry. Citrine is frequently heated to permanently coax out its fiery gold color.

Care: Prized for its beauty, affordability and durability, Citrine is an excellent choice for everyday wear. Care for your Citrine by removing it before engaging in activities that may cause scratches, such as housework, gardening, and sports.

Why Citrine? While today we are not limited by tradition, the symbolism of Citrine is treasured as a birthstone for November, for celebrating the thirteenth anniversary and as a talisman for the sign of gemini. It's color is associated with lightheartedness and cheerfulness.

Garnet:
I am Garnet, the talisman of warriors. Knights and soldiers the world over have placed their destiny in my hands, trusting that I would protect them from death and injury and that my presence would bring them swift victories and guarantee them tranquility after battle. Dream of me and I will reveal the answers to your questions. Give me to your loved ones and I will bestow upon them loyalty and affection.

Qualities: Garnets are a complex and exciting family of gemstones. The Garnet family has six species and, like exotic flowers, these can naturally "hybridize" and form other varieties which cover a rainbow of hues, except blue.

Most gemstones, including diamond, need enhancement through cutting or treatment to be enjoyed in a piece of jewelry. Yet Garnet is one of the few gemstones that requires no processing other than cutting to bring out its beauty.

Care: While Garnet is worn by many active people, to ensure the longevity of Garnet, remove before engaging in activities that can subject the gemstone to scratches and sharp blows, such as housework, gardening, or sports, as well as extreme temperature changes.

Why Garnet? While today we are not limited by tradition, Garnet is treasured as a gift for January birthdays and a talisman for the sign of Aquarius. A Garnet of any color is associated with increased imagination and inspiration.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home