That girl in black.... and other fashion colors

You've heard about her. Most likely you've even seen her. I hear she gets around.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Goddess Loves Me, This I Know...

... for I get little signs all the time she is looking out for me.

At Christmas time, I thought of sending a card to her mama and family. Just to let them know we were all well, thinking of them, and update on how big monster boy has become. For fear of upseting them or making the holiday harder than necessary, I refrained. Today, thisclose to 20 years from the day that changed everything... Mama J called me at work!

It was hard not to cry-- thankfully this time from joy, rather than sadness. She felt the same. Mainly, she just wanted to catch up, and had some things for me. It was wonderful to hear from her. She said her family was well, and she and papa were leaving the 'dotte to move closer to the grandbabies. As all retirees would love to do.

Unfortunately, Camille's cute boy has not been handling her absence well at all. I was afraid he wouldn't. While quite loving and supportive when she needed that most in a man... he is not strong of will on his own. He succumbed to the stress of her illness in those last days, and apparently has fallen even further.

Part of me feels guilty for not watching over him... but I knew at the time I couldn't take on that responsibility. Not only am I too far away, with my own family responsibilites, but I'm also not a very good enabler. Fortunately, he wants to feel better, and is willing to move back with his family. I'm glad mama won't have to continue to babysit him. Hopefully it will begin a happier chapter of his life.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home